Full-Time - Monday - FridayEngineering
Full-Time - Monday - Friday
Salary: £42,000 - £54,000
AXI Recruitment are working with a very successful environmental client. There is an opportunity for an EC&I Techncian to join their Projects team.
Job Role: EC&I Technician/Engineer (Projects)
Role Responsibilities: The Technician will be responsible for ensuring plant operational performance and resilience is optimised and identifying areas of the processes where this could be improved or exceeded in regards to original design specifications. Ensuring all maintenance activities and practices are both relevant and effective.
- Abide by all company and site safety policies and procedures.
- Report all health, safety and environmental concerns, near misses and incidents via the site reporting system.
- To manage all plant related computing and communications equipment, networks, DCS, PLC; ensuring correct operation, managing appropriate levels of access for staff and contractors, maintaining comprehensive records of modifications.
- To ensure that all electrical plant is operated within its design parameters
- To oversee the management and operation of all plant related computing and communications equipment, networks, DCS and PLC’s ensuring correct operation.
- To oversee the management and operation of site wide cyber security operation and policies.
- Identify repeat failure of equipment or processes making recommendations to improve reliability and/or cost savings.
- Create strong relationships with OEM’s and third parties.
- Maintain an overview of project costs, timelines, scopes of work and commissioning.
- To oversee the management and operation of High Voltage (HV) network and grid connection for compliance.
- To ensure that the main generator and exciter and electrical protective devices are properly maintained.
- Co-ordinate, schedule, and plan maintenance activities, electrical and assisting other disciplines during planned or unplanned shutdowns
- To investigate and rectify electrical faults and minimize plant downtime.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels of the hierarchy.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to work well within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload with strong analytical, decision-making skills.
- A recognised qualification in Electrical/Electronic engineering at HNC level or higher
Please feel free to send a speculative CV for us to hold on file. If a suitable vacancy arises, we’ll be in touch.
HNC Qualified within an Electrical Discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- Extensive maintenance experience in the power generation sector including Energy from Waste, CCGT, Oil, Coal or Biomass.
- Exposure to working in demanding and dynamic environments, with a proven ability to remain calm and offer consistent leadership.
- Knowledge of all relevant facility consents, H&S legislation, safe working environments, safety rules and outages.